Cloud computing is one of the newest and biggest trends in business. A recent survey of more than 3500 IT decision-makers took a look inside the reasons behind the continued use of cloud computing. As a result of the survey, here are the top ten findings and reasons why cloud computing is here to stay.
- More than one-third of the survey respondents cited accessibility to information through multiple devices as the most important reason for their decision to adopt cloud computing.
- About 14% of the companies have downsized their IT after cloud adoption.
- 82% of all companies saved money in their last cloud adoption project.
- 65% of the companies chose cloud-based solutions more than a year ago.
- Cloud computing gives organizations a green boost. About 64% of organizations say that adopting cloud-based solutions has helped them reduce waste and lower energy consumption.
- More than 90% of all companies saw at least one area of improvement in their IT department since they moved to the cloud.
- 52% reported increased data center efficiency and utilization while 47 percent of companies said that they witnessed lower operating costs after cloud adoption.
- 80% of the companies experienced improvements within six months of moving to the cloud.
- Small businesses faced less workforce resistance to cloud adoption.
- Half of the U.S. government IT workers say that they have moved work to the cloud.
Too good to be true? Learn more about Cloud Computing Here and start your journey to the cloud today!