A business process is a series of activities or tasks that when done together will accomplish an important goal of an organization and for many organizations, these goals were typically focused on helping clients and helping clients improve their business. However, an organization can spend all their time working, but slow and out dated business processes can suppress productivity and success. Organizations should identify any weaknesses or areas that need improvement, and then find appropriate solutions that will continue to increase productivity. A good way to do so is to automate processes and utilize document management. These days it seems that paper can actually slow organizations down.
A document management system can help with the following:
- Ongoing order processing
- Seasonal or cyclical tasks
- Consistent receiving and sending of faxes
- Ugly and inconvenient paper forms
- Limited in-house IT resources
- Rapid company growth
A document management system can eliminate the time spent scanning, coping, printing, and filing documents. As a result, organizations can benefit from reduced costs that are spent on file cabinets, shipping, and paying for employees to work on manual data entry, which allows for the reallocation of resources to an area that might otherwise be neglected. Processes are faster, cheaper and of course more efficient as employees can access documents instantly without running back and forth from your desk to file cabinets, as well as streamline document workflow processes with all documents in a central location. There are solutions that will benefit AP, AR, and HR.
These benefits include:
- Increase staff productivity
- Organize all types of content and documents from any source, including your multifunction printer (MFP)
- Improve process efficiencies
- Automate government workflow, assign tasks, track status
- Speed service delivery
- Make information instantly available to all authorized users
- Comply with privacy and retention policies
- Control access and enable government records management and retention initiatives
- Support your “green” initiatives
- Reduce paper, storage and associated costs
For more information on improving business processes, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. In addition, you can also continue following Biel’s through our blog and social media channels.