Most local governments have begun planning for next year’s projects. Many find themselves asking the same question, “How will we pay for all of this?” Every year, New York State offers the Local Government Records Management Improvement Fund (LGRMIF), to give local governments the opportunity to improve their records management practices.
Eligibility for LGRMIF application:
- Appointed Records Management Officer (RMO)
- Appropriate State Archives records retention and disposition schedule
- Public Benefit Corporations with local or regional jurisdiction are units of local government and are eligible to apply.
- Community Colleges that are sponsored by a single county may apply for the grant through the county’s RMO and with approval of that county’s chief administrative officer. If the college is sponsored by more than one county, it would apply as a separate local government.
- Fire Districts are eligible because they are local governments; unfortunately, not-for-profit volunteer fire departments, emergency rescue services and ambulance services are not under the Local Government Records Law and cannot apply.
New York City and its five county clerks, district attorneys, community school districts in NYC and housing authorities. All of which are not required to have RMOs or to adopt State Archives records retention and disposition schedule.
Applying for LGRMIF
When applying for a LGRMIF grant, you must apply online via the eGrants System. Additionally, all signature forms must still be signed (in blue ink) and submitted in hard copy. A list of what forms that need to be submitted online is below:
- Application Sheet
- Project Narrative
- Project Budget
- Participating Institutions
- Vendor Quote Form
- Imaging and Microfilming Project Information Form
The following forms need to be submitted in hard copy:
- Budget Summary (FS-20): 3 copies
- Payee Information Form
- Standard Information Form
- Institutional Authorization Form
The following should be attached as electronic forms:
- Shared Services Agreement Form (for Shared Service projects only)
- Detailed vendor quotes
- Needs assessment
- Vendor treatment proposals
- Floor plans
- Letters of Acknowledgement
NYS Grant Applicants for LGRMIF – your application process just got a whole lot easier! You can now submit just one quote! Contact Biel’s with any questions.