You probably don’t want your employees to be wasting time on things like…
1. Walking memos down the hall to other employees. You have email for that.
2. Hand writing contracts. You have Microsoft Word for that.
3. Drawing charts and graphs for reports with crayons or markers. You have Microsoft Excel for that.
4. Using a calculator (let alone an abacus) to do your financials. You have software for that too.
These things all cost money. From hundreds to thousands of dollars per user, these software applications cost you money. But at the end of the day, it’s worth the investment because your employees’ time is worth more to your company. And your increased productivity is worth more to the bottom line.
In life, there are plenty of things that we have to do that we don’t want to… Changing diapers? But there are plenty of things that you don’t, and don’t want to, do yourself…
• You probably don’t do your own taxes.
• You won’t fill your own cavities.
• You don’t learn to fly a plane, just in case.
• You won’t kill your Thanksgiving turkey.
• You don’t oversee your employees’ annual health checkups.
So why do so many of us trust ourselves, let alone our employees, to manage documents vital to our company’s operations in a reasonable manner?
One of our employees gets hit by a bus or, in a kinder world, their computer gets hit by a bus…outside of our office. Everything that they’ve been working on is—literally—thrown under the bus in an instant unless you have a document management system to save the day.
They say, “Hope for the best and plan for the worst.” If your business involves important documents, contracts, policies and procedures, and the like, why not plan for the worst?
Having sound document management, if done correctly from the start, is easier than managing employees…or changing diapers.
For more information on document management with the cloud, please visit biels.com.